sendmail Milters: A Guide for Fighting SpamAddison Wesley Fecha de publicación: 31/12/2005 Páginas: 352
"Bryan and Marcia have not only provided tips and tricks for detecting and blocking spam and email fraud but have also written the first of its kind Milter reference guide. This book will help you start writing your own special-purpose mail filters quickly and easily."
--Gregory Neil Shapiro, coauthor of the Milter interface
As a Mail Administrator You Need to Understand How to Successfully Monitor and Fight Spam.
Milters are among the most powerful antispamming tools available. Until now, there has been no clear and helpful resource for you to learn how to set up and use Milters. sendmail Milters: A Guide for Fighting Spam is the first in-depth guide to writing powerful Milters to block even the most clever spammers.
Inside this definitive new reference, you will find
- An exhaustive description of the Milter interface
- Insightful details on what spam is, its harmful effects, and the diverse techniques used by spammers
- A step-by-step guide to luring spammers using a honeypot network
- Ways to decode the common encoding methods used in spam email
- A reference on the Milter library and its use
- Techniques for expanding software to deal with future spamming methods
This book is an indispensable aid to combating spam, now and in the future. If you administer a sendmail server, you need to own a copy.
All of the program code described in the book is available for download at http://spambook.bcx.org.